Monday 26 January 2009

Trying Out Some Football Strategies

Early last week I read this post by Ronnie2ticks at Betfair for Fun and Profit. Until this point I had to be honest never paid attention to the over and under football markets. Not wanting to dash in I studied a few games for the rest of the week and by Saturday felt ready to take the plunge.

I identified 3 games at different times I felt were liable to be low scoring affairs Rangers - Aberdeen, Doncaster - Villa and Man Utd - Spurs. Having made a couple of quid each on the first 2 games I was feeling rather pleased with myself as the Man Utd- Spurs game kicked off. Disaster Spurs score after 5 mins with no lay being matched leaving me with a £30 deficit. Unperturbed I ploughed on and managed to reduce this to just under £20 before Utd equalised. Thankfully I hadn't re-entered the market before the third goal went in leaving me with a loss of £19.86. Not the most auspicious of starts.

As the game settled down into the second half I regained my now slightly dented confidence and started trading in the under 4.5 goals market. Backing and laying repeatedly I managed to turn a £6 profit reducing my first days loss to just under a tenner.

Despite this setback I pressed on trading the 2 Fa Cup ties and the Sevilla - Racing and Inter-Sampdoria games on Sunday all for small profits. Another fiver on tonights Burton - BArrow game on Setanta and my profit for the 3 days stands at £20.18.

So thanks to Ronnie2ticks for opening my eyes to the potential of over/under trading on football.

No comments: