Tuesday 28 April 2009

Don't You Love a Nil-Nil Draw

Been easing my way back into trading this last week and just had a look at my P&L for the last week and my football trading just broke through the £100 barrier for the last 7 days, standing at the princely sum of £104.15.

This has been boosted by the rather boring but profitable 0-0 draws in the televised games between Chelsea & Barcelona and Newastle & Portsmouth over the last two nights. Both these games had 0-0 written all over them from early on and having made some early grabs on both I moved in for a profitable trade about half way through the second half taking just under £20 on both.

My profit for the week was probably helped by being at Anfield for the 4-4 draw with Arsenal last Tuesday and having an enjoyable evening at Haydock races on Saturday which meant I missed my usual Saturday server frustration. With only 2 losing trades on the week, both of which I offset on the under 4.5 markets, my more selective policy seemed to pay off.

Now if there could be a few more televised 0-0's it would make me a very happy guy.

No comments: