Saturday 15 August 2009

I'm Back

Well after a bit of business building and a few weeks holiday including some time back at home in Scotland and a profitable day out to York Races last month the return of competitive football sees me back in front of the screen.

Day one of the Premiership season saw a modest profit of £15.97. Could have been more but the Arsenal humiliation of Everton wasn't worth touching and I had little confidence in Hull holding out as long as they did at Stamford Bridge. Surprisingly my two best payouts of the day were paid before halftime which is rarely a good thing but I managed to get out of both the Arsenal and Celtic markets early and wasn't tempted back into either.

Looking forward to Sunday with PSV v Ajax in the morning and Spurs v Liverpool at 4 looking like possible low scoring games. Have a feeling that Birmingham might get a hiding at Old Trafford so I'll probably not get too involved in that one.

I'm basically going to concentrate on football from now on as this seems to be the most likely way of me making small but steady profits. I'm going to use other avenues to have a punt on other sports that I want some interest in while watching, so I'll stick a few quid on Andy Murray in the Montreal final and can have a small wager while watching the baseball on ESPN America.

No comments: