Tuesday 3 February 2009

Basketball Trading Taking It Slow

Been very quiet mainly as I was otherwise occupied at the weekend and with the lack of racing done little trading the last couple of days although I did make a £5 profit on the Burnley - West Brom game tonight.

I have been relatively successful trading the NBA markets recently, unfortunately due to the time difference I usually have to call it a day, or is it a night, before the late games start.

I have a few ground rules for trading these games, the most important being that I get out before half time. I do this as you can get some wild swings in a close game in the final few minutes which can really blow you out of the water if a couple of quick scores go against you.

My second strategy is to actually avoid the games with closely matched teams and stick to those with a clear favourite. I do this because even if the favourite starts slowly a profit can be made when they get going again as the market expects a comeback.

Tonights early games suggest an obvious home win for Cleveland who are 22-0 at home this season but will start trading very low and the Boston Celtics who are on a 11 game win streak at the Philadelphia 76ers which is a more attractive game so I might give that one 5 mins before jumping in.

I'll post tomorrow on how I get on.

No comments: