Wednesday 11 February 2009

Sometimes the Gods....

...Smile Upon Me.

Looking at tonights array of internationals I was underwhelmed by the possibilities, especially as I don't like friendlies as they can prove very unpredictable with understrength sides, multiple substitutions etc.

However I decided to enter the under 2.5 goals market in the Ireland - Georgia market as this was a qualifier which I thought would be tight. Took 1.79 for £55 on under. Then Georgia go and score after 45 seconds!!!

Disaster or so I thought went straight to the market imagining a fraught time trying to recover this position to be delighted to find that the lay I'd put in at 1.72 for a couple of quid profit had been taken before kick off. Relief.

As things stand it is still 1-0 after 68 minutes and the under 2.5 is now trading at 1.3 so I would have escaped but not without expending a lot of nervous energy. No losing trades today so I think I'll take the rest of the evening off and not push my luck any further.

No comments: