Wednesday 4 February 2009

Celtics v 76ers 1st quarter profit

An update on last nights basketball, only traded for about 25 mins on the Boston Philadelphia game and greened up at a fiver on both teams, having ended up ignoring the Cleveland game as they started out at 1.18 and were trading about 1.03 after LeBron James scored 16 points in the first 8 or so minutes.

The game I did trade on did vindicate my strategy I feel. At tip off the Celtics were trading at about 1.66 after the first couple of minutes when it was clear that they weren't off to a slow start I managed to grab 1.63 quickly got out again at 1.48 and then when a Celtics spurt seemed likely went back in at 1.4 trading out, greening both sides at just over £5, at 1.26.

The Celtics won the first quarter 32-20 and were trading just under the 1.2 mark and seemed to be cruising to an easy victory. I headed off to watch the NHL game on ESPN America which was just as well as the subsequent 76ers comeback would have probably led to disaster. They pulled back to 1 point at half time led by 7 at one point and were 5 points ahead with 2 minutes to go. Boston won 100-99 with a 3 pointer as the clock run out.

Unfortunately the historic data for this market isn't on http://data.betfair.com yet but I'm fairly sure there were some wild swings in the last few minutes.

So I feel rather pleased with my early exit from this game.

No comments: